Monday 29 December 2008

Another rescue project !


I can't resist trying to rescue an abandoned piece of handworked textile ! all that thought and effort often deserves another life.
This is a really fascinating mixture of pieces of canvaswork and embroidery ,some of quite an age I would imagine. It came to me in a sorry state ,found on the floor of a market,the colours caught my eye and dispite the really horrible cheap covering that it was mounted on to make it a cushion cover I could picture it on the wall as a piece of art.
David made me a wooden frame so it would stand away from the wall which we painted matt black and I fabric glued it to the front ,I did not want to lose the origional backing fabric of the piece which was revealed when the rest was removed.
I am really pleased with the result and it is now on my kitchen wall where I can study it and muse as to it's age and who did the work. My god daughter was the first to see it and was so enthusiastic I have offered her the second piece that came with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment