Thursday 19 March 2009

" Quackers! " and My latest doodles




I had a lovely day out at Tingleton with my Spinners group yesterday. This time Tessa was the hostess and lives in the most gorgeous converted barn, She and Micheal have hundreds of happy chickens out in their Christmas tree woods. We were treated to a lovely scented log burning at the same time as being able to enjoy the sunshine streaming in the open door, still frosty hereabouts at night .
Jane one of our group is a clever lady and one of her talents is framing, so I enlisted her professional eye to get the mounts right for my redwork and she has framed a couple for me . So yesterday She brought them to the meeting.... thank you I think you got it just right Jane
I now have a commission to do Tessa's flock of geese.
To carry on with the poultry theme ..I awoke the other morning to an unusual sound given I live right in the center of Dorchester!! quacking , my visitor is a mallard perched on the very high creeper covered back fence  swaying and shouting to her mate who was in the gym carpark.
I am told they regularly decamp up here each spring . How sweet, I do miss my birds at Muckleford.








No comments:

Post a Comment